INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHIC ART SALON -„BANATUL MONTAN”
– 1-st edition – 2017 –
The 1st edition of the International Photographic Art Salon -„BANATUL MONTAN” is open to amateur and professional photographers around the world that are invited to participate with digital images or digitalized black and white or color images.
The salon is held uder the patronge:
- GPU no.: L170092
- ICS no.: 2017/107
- AAFR no.: 016/2017
- SRAF no.: 4/2017
The International Photographic Art Salon of Highland Banat is organized by Foto Club „BANATUL MONTAN” in partnership with Primăria Reşiţa, Consiliul Judeţean Caraş-Severin.
THEME / SECTIONS
- a) – open color
- b) – open monochrome
* In each section there will be awarded:
- – FIAP gold medals + 3 FIAP mentions;
- – GPU gold, silver and bronze medals + 2 GPU Honorable mentions;
- – ICS gold medals + 2 ICS Honorable mentions;
- – AAFR gold, silver and bronze medals + 3 AAFR Honorable mentions;
- – SRAF gold, silver and bronze medals + 3 SRAF Honorable mentions
- Salon gold, silver and bronze medals + 3 Salon Honorable mentions
- Chairman choice
* the special prize for „best author” conferred by Foto Club „BANATUL MONTAN”.
* the artist who has most acceptances in the salon is declared “best author” and his name will be mentioned in the catalogue of the Salon. In the case of two or more authors with the same number of acceptances, the jury will make an irrevocable decision.
* The participants who will recieve prizes and will not be present at he inauguration of the exhibition cannot pick up the prizes at another occasion with the exception of the diplomas and medals.Transport expenses for the participants are not supported.
* Submitting the photographs, can only be made via internet on http://fotobanat.ro/siaf/editia-1-2017/entry-form/ Each participant can submit a maximum of 4 photographs at each section.
* Each participant must be the author of the photography submitted to the salon and must have ownership rights over the work.
* A participant can not submit the same photograph or similar photographs in both sections.
* A photograph can be rejected when the jury considers that the photograph does not meet the criteria stated in the rules of the salon.
* The members of the jury will judge without having any information regarding the name of the author or his country of origin.
SUBMITING THE PHOTOGRAPHS
* The long edge of an image must have between 3000-5000 pixels at 300 dpi. It must be saved in jpeg format and sRGB profile.
* Along with submitting the photograph, each participant certifies the authenticity of his work and the fact that he is the onlyauthor. Furthermore, each participant grants royalty free permission to use the photography for the purpose of publishing it in the catalogue of the salon and for promotional materials for the salon.
CODING THE IMAGES
* Each author will encode images as they want.
* The participation fee is paid once and is mandatory for all participants in both sections, in the sum of:
- – 20 EUR forthe participants from the EU countries,
- – 25 USD for participants from other countries,
- – 60 RON for the participants from Romania and the republic of Moldova.
Participation fee can be paid via PayPal at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org or via banc account: Asociatia Foto Club Banatul Montan, CIF 34385742, banc account RO85BPOS11011798012RON02, Banc Post Reșița .
The photographs received will be judged by a valid jury composed of:
- Eugen Negrea, AFIAP – România
- Mircea Anghel, AFIAP – Romania
- Nelu Scripciuc, AFIAP – România
CALENDAR OF THE SALON
- Deadline for submitting the photographs:
- Communicating the results:
- Opening of the exhibition:
- Sending the prizes:
COMMUNICATING THE RESULTS
* Each participant will receive via e-mail a notification regarding its own results.
* The honors list of the salon will be made public on the website: fotobanat.ro
* All awarded photographs and a wide selection of acceptances will be printed in 30 x 45 format and presented in an exhibition that will take place in Reșița, at the Horatiu Vornica Exhibition Hall of Culture House Unions RESITA.
* the digital catalogue of the salon will be distributed via e-mail to all authors that have entries in the contest. The DVD version will be handed out to all those that will be present at the inaugauration of the exhibition.
* For further details fell free to contact the salon director Flavian Savescu, GPU Crown 2, Art.AAFR, AICS, AUSPA, Hon. PESGSPC at the following e-mail adress email@example.com.